1. Magaliesberg Battlefields Tourism Route
WRDA has partnered with Mogale Arts, Heritage Company, NPC. The parties have jointly developed a new tourism product in the West Rand and named “Magaliesberg Battlefields Tourism Route”
– WRDA is represented in the board of directors of the Mogale Arts, Heritage NPC. Gauteng Tourism Authority (GTA) funded development of the business plan for the tourism strategy.
– The new tourism product has been successfully launched. – Lanseria International Airport has provided space for the visitors information centre (VIC).
– West Rand Local Tourism Associations are exposed to the possible economic opportunities in the tourism economy.
– Training programme for tourist guides and history telling has been developed for the youth interested in this field.
– Plans are underway to link Township Tourism to the new Magaliesberg Battlefields Tourism Route, like the Vilakazi Street model in Soweto.
The product will be linked to the Maropeng and Cradle of Humankind tourism project.
2. Krugersdorp Game Reserve Project
Initial feasibility study has been conducted for the revitalization of the game reserve. All legal supply chain management processes are being followed to implement the revival of Krugersdorp game reserve.
3. Donaldson Dam
The revival of Donaldson dam will be implemented the same way as the implementation of the Krugersdorp game reserve project.
Paardeplaats 177 IQ, Krugersdorp, 1740